DIY Your Green Cleaners
I usually use our Thieve Household cleaner, but sometimes I like to make my own too! Here are a couple of my favorite DIY cleaner recipes:
#1 Fill your 16 ounce glass spray bottle 1/4 of the way with vinegar, add 10-20 drops of essential oils (I like to switch it up between, Lemon, Peppermint, Thieves, Pine, Tea Tree & Purification).
#2 Fill your 16 ounce glass spray bottle almost to the fill line, make sure to leave some room for your castile soap. Add 1 tablespoon of castile soap, and of course add your choice of essential oils, then just shake it up to combine all your ingredients.
Stop Using Single Use Plastics
One of the easiest ways you can go green-er, is my simply switching to reusable containers and opt-out from buying single use plastics! Here are some ideas to get your going…
- Bring reusable bags to market so that you can tote your groceries.
- I also love my reusable produce bags.
- Whenever you can, buy items in boxes instead of plastics.
- Purchase dry foods like cereal in bulk. Keep them in glass containers.
- Avoid single-serving cups and packets.
- Always pack your food in reusable containers and bags.
- Carry a reusable mug or bottle.
- Invest in a wood or stainless steel straw, those plastic ones are horrid.
Be Mindful of Your Water Use
People can sometimes be water wasters. Please stop squandering this precious resource.
- Let your food defrost naturally instead of being quick to run it under warm water.
- Always clean your fruits and veggies in a bowl.
- Turn off the tap when you are brushing your teeth, shaving and even when youre lathering your hands
- Purchase a low-flow showerheads.
- When possible, think about an alternative to a grass lawn.
Going green can be a challenge, but if you put your mind to it, you’ll find yourself feeling a lot better about your impact on the planet. Remember, you don’t have to do everything at once — baby steps are the key to success. Let each change you make become a habit before moving on to a new one. Good luck!
Does the thought of removing chemicals from your home seem daunting to you? Don’t sweat it. In just 5 days you can be well on your way to a toxin free home! Grab your starter kit here!
Grab your Oily kit! —> YLEO
Book an Energy session —> Etsy
Post pic credit goes to: ohlardy.com